Sunset Process - House Finance Committee. The bill implements the following recommendations from the sunset report for the retail marijuana program:
- Extending the retail marijuana code until September 1, 2019;
- Stating that regulation of labeling, packaging, and testing is a matter of statewide concern; and
- Repealing the following provisions from the retail marijuana code:
- The requirement that a licensee post a surety bond as condition of licensure;
- The requirement that the executive director deny a license based on a previous denial at the same location;
- The proscription on the placement and sale of marijuana-themed magazines; and
- The authority to promulgate rules prohibiting misrepresentation and unfair practices.
The bill creates 2 new retail marijuana licenses--a retail marijuana transport license and a retail marijuana operator license--and gives the state licensing authority rulemaking authority over those licenses.
The bill conforms language in the retail marijuana code to language in the medical marijuana code related to mandatory testing, the confidentiality of licensee information, and limited access areas.